EMBRATUR and EBTs (“Escritórios Brasileiros no Exterior”/Brazilian offices abroad)
EMBRATUR (“Instituto Brasileiro de Turismo”/Brazilian Tourist Board) was founded on November 18, 1966, with the aim of encouraging the tourism activity, creating conditions for the generation of jobs, income and development all over Brazil.
Since January 2003, with the creation of the Ministry of Tourism, EMBRATUR’s main focus has been to promote the country abroad. Since then, its activities have been focused on the promotion, marketing and support to the trading of Brazilian products, services and tourist destinations abroad.
In order to enhance its operations, EMBRATUR created the “Escritórios Brasileiros de Turismo” – EBTs (‘Brazilian Tourist Offices’ in English). Strategically located, the EBTs serve the markets in which they are included, promoting and tailoring Brazilian products and tourist destinations, according to regional demands. Below, you can find a list of EBTs and their services:
- South America I – based in Buenos Aires (Argentina) to serve Argentina, Uruguay and Chile.
- South America II – based in Lima (Peru), to serve Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Ecuador and Venezuela.
- North America I – based in New York (NY/USA) to serve the East Coast of the United States – including the geographical coverage of the following states: New Jersey, New York, Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Massachusetts, Washington DC, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia, Indiana, Maryland, South Carolina, Connecticut, Vermont, Delaware, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky and West Virginia.
- North America II – North America II
- North America III – based in Chicago (IL/USA), to serve the central region of the United States – including the geographical coverage or the following states: Illinois, Idaho, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Louisiana and Mississippi – and Canada.
- • Asia – based in Tokyo (Japan), while the Ministry of Tourism is responsible for the management of the Mercosur Representative Office in Japan. After that, it should be moved to another base in a market of the region.
America and long distance markets:
- Holland – based in Amsterdam
- Germany – based in Frankfurt
- Spain – based in Madrid
- France – based in Paris
- Italy – based in Milan
- Portugal – bases in Lisbon
- • United Kingdom – based in London
For more information about the EBTs, please contact the responsible area:
EMBRATUR Diretoria de Mercados Internacionais
Tel.: +55 (61) 2023-8638
Updated in April 28th 2015.